The foundation of Christian counseling is seeking to apply the truth of God to life and relationships. His truth is revealed through a careful study of the scriptures and it is also discovered in His creation through good research, scholarly reflection, and disciplined practice.
Christian counseling is conducted by a counselor who:
- has a deep and growing faith and genuinely loves God and others
- counsels with excellence and follows established ethical guidelines
- humbly seeks the presence and work of God in the counseling process
- is genuinely respectful of the faith, values and worldview of each person
- is guided by Christian principles in the selection of counseling interventions and goals.
For a more detailed description click here to go to The Renewing Life website.